Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Memorable Memorial Day Weekend in Ely

This weekend was lots of fun.  Alex's two sisters, Melanie and Chelsea, both had babies recently and planned to bless them in Ely over Memorial Day. Sadly we forgot our camera so we don't have any pictures... oh well. We arrived Friday and stayed until Monday.  I guess two of Melanie's  kids had gotten the flu bug Friday and a few days prior.  Not much you can do about it.

People were mostly ok until Sunday Morning.  Alex's mom caught it early Sunday Morning and Alex caught it soon after.  We went to church where, luckily the blessings took place at the beginning, as usual, otherwise Alex wouldn't have made it.  After sacrament meeting Trevor, Alex's brother, was ordained an Elder.  Yup it was a big day for the Jones family.  After Church more sickness hit as a nephew caught the bug.

After church Alex got much worse.  There wasn't much I could do, but I sure tried to take care of him.  After being in bed all day, finally he started to feel better.  I was so glad!  We played many games all weekend: Cash Flow, Quirkle, Monopoly Deal and more.

Monday morning the flu continued.  What a bug! We went to the train station for a few minutes to take some pictures to add to the family wall.  They were taken last August right after Alex returned.  I was even there dressed in the correct colors (highly embarrassing) but it was too soon to pressure us (Thanks Vera).  Anyway, we now have a train picture for the wall.  We then gathered at the park for lunch.  The weather was much better than the other days (sunny instead of snowy).  The kids ran around, Alex and I played a bit on the swings and the playground, and then bid our goodbyes.

During the car ride home, I started feeling sick.  If you have ever driven to Ely, there are about 3 possible service stops each at least 1 hour a part.  Not a good place to get sick.  I just prayed I wouldn't throw up in our new car.  We hit traffic just north of Nephi and I was ticked.  I just needed to get home.  I'm a  pro at staying cool, we made it home and I went straight to bed.  I haven't been hit so hard by the flu in a long long time.  I'm sure glad I did my best to take care of Alex, otherwise I would have felt so bad because it was horrible.

Finally, 3 days later, I'm feeling about 90% better! So glad to be up and about.  However, I believe I lost about 5 pounds.... if only I could keep it off while adding in a regular diet.  Any suggestions :)?

No comments:

Post a Comment