Saturday, May 19, 2012

BYU Graduation

After 4 years of hard work at Brigham Young University,  I finally graduated! It was a weird feeling to be walking around in a less than flattering graduation gown.  I wasn't sure if I was ready for the world.  School was safe. Finding a job was difficult and I would rather just continue taking classes.... almost.  It was really exciting to sit in the Marriott center next to Diana Steele and Rebecca Johnson.






 Me and Diana Steele


Me, Diana, and Rebecca Prior to walking in to the Marriott Center


 While walking in, we passed this tent.  I looked over and realized, I was about 10 feet from Dallin H Oaks and President Samuelson. They were watching us.  I couldn't resist a picture.  I felt like an Olympic athlete.



 Alex's Mom, Vera was so kind to drive all the way from Ely just to see me walk across a stage.  She was so loving to come and celebrate with us!


 Mom, me, Vera

 Mom, me, Dad
 Vera, me, Alex

The next morning at 7am I reported to the Smith Field House track for the preparation for walking.  Luckily, my program led me in so many paths that I met lots of great people.  Here are a few New Zealand Girls....

 Boy I sure LOVE these girls!  NZ'11
About to walk to get my diploma.

 It's official! I'm a Graduate from the David O. Mckay School of Education in Teacher Education.

My Support.  Whether it was freshman year, writing me letters of encouragement, or getting me through 2 stressful semesters, Alex was there by my side.




 Picture with Dad and the Native American.  Someday, dad, I'll graduate from the UofU and be a Ute just as you always ask for.

















No comments:

Post a Comment